During the past 92 years, residents of Hardin County have come to know Farmer Funeral Home is more than a business. They find our staff to be friends that they talk to and people have confidence that we will assist them in a professional manner.
The building which served the first Farmer Funeral Home from 1929 until 1937 still stands today on the corner of South 4th Street and Ave. K.
In 1937, R.S. Farmer moved his business to the current location which was originally built by R.L. Weathersby, brother-in-law of John Henry Kirby, in 1915. After returning from his service in the US Army during, WW II, Pete Farmer joined his father, R.S. Farmer, in the family business as did Pete’s son Roddy Farmer, until their deaths. We continue to preserve this Silsbee Landmark and the Farmer’s family legacy.
Darrell Sheffield, Tab Ferguson, Brandi Hare, Lacey Mclendon and all of our staff are honored to continue the service and professionalism started by the Farmer Family